Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Thought provoking ideas

I was having a conversation with one of my close friends, and a few things were discussed. I think a couple of those are worth sharing with the blogosphere, so dig these questions and tell me what you think:

1. Why hasn't there been an insurance company that actually cares about the people that support it? Would it not be good business that if a person has been keeping up with their insurance payments and has no accidents at the end of the year, they should get some sort of stipend?

2. In order to get more parents to become involved in helping their children in school, should not parents whose children are exceling in school should get a stipend for their children performing well?

It's just a couple questions. If you come by the page don't just leave and not say anything. I want to know what you think. Personally I think that the insurance systems nowadays are glorified scams, but hey...this ain't about me. Let me know what you think...

4 comments:

  1. Alstate is actually doing the cash back for no accidents... Nationwide has "The Vanishing Deductible."

    ReplyDelete
  2. How much cash do you actually get back? Is it comparable to what you spend to maintain it...fractions.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You only save on a deductible in the event of a crash... so, if you're a safe driver then you never save anything... you get to keep paying the payments for coverage though.

    It's less than 10% back for Allstate on the average policy. I have no points n it's still not quite 10%.

    It's small but it's better than nothing, I guess. It wouild be nice to see execs be less greedy.. but that probably won't happen in our lifetime.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Points well made, points well taken. And in response to the last guy, unfortunately greed is a way of life nowadays.

    ReplyDelete