Thursday, June 9, 2011

Why Isn't Poison Ivy Illegal?

I was having a conversation with my brother in our back yard and as we were talking I was noticing the plant life that was creeping up our handrail. I had noted that a couple weeks ago I had pulled a lot off revealing about half of the rail, and here we were about two weeks later and it had already crept back up the full length again. I started going on and on about how if I had a weed whacker I would be able to take it all the way down and so on. But just that idea of me trying to control that plant life made me re-assess what I thought about control.
 
We as humans have a silly way to try to be in control of things, but in reality we have no more control over things than the earth has control of the sun. For instance, we thought we were in control when we were drilling for oil, until it started spilling for like three months straight. That event to me should be enough to wake people up to the fact that even those that have the money, power and commodities don't know what they are doing. We try to control nature, even though nature strong-arms us all the time (ever seen grass come up through concrete...that's nature giving us the finger). We try to control other animals (ask Siegfried and Roy how that went). We even try to control other humans, but we do a good job there (ever sat at a red light at three in the morning till it turned green?).

And with all these silly rules and processes that we implicate, I think that we lose some of the humanity, which for example is how you get cops who will follow a process instead of using common sense that could be telling you that there is a better way to do something. But as I get older and observe more, as I make new connections, and remember more, I start to find that I'm not buying the bulls#@t that society is trying to sell me. This is in regards to society dictating what "success" is, or what we have to look like or even sound like. Or how society thinks you should be educated, which is bull because you are exchanging goo-gobs of money for a piece of paper, and you aren't even guaranteed that you'll make the money that you spent, back.

Sot the question that I have is...What if you don't want to participate anymore? I know some of you are thinking, but you have to. You live on American soil. You are enjoying the freedoms of being here. Ok, well first, it's just soil, not American soil. I do believe that there were indigenous people here that populated the area  before settlers "discovered" this land. And B, we are all participating in a society propped up by lies anyway. I think I have just come to the point that I'm tired of being deceived. I think that there should be some sort of "opt out" option. Simply because I think that I and a great majority of other humans would be more productive if instead of being an American, or black, or democrat, I was considered a human first.

1 comment:

  1. Hippies opt out.... North western states are where you find compounds filled with rifles and rations ... these people have consciously opted out...

    ReplyDelete